Had a great family vacation with our two adult daughters. The location and condo was excellent. Conveniently located to the beaches nearby and perfect for viewing the sunsets. The condo had everything you needed for a beach vacation – beach chairs, towels, boogie boards, coolers, children’s toys if necessary, even suntan creams. We did not use the air conditioning as there was an adequate supply of stand alone fans plus ceiling fans. We met the onsite manager, Kay, who was very easy going and accommodating. The grounds and pool are well maintained and were serviced several times during our 10 day stay. There is an adequate number of lounge chairs at the pool and for much of the time we were the only ones using it. The kitchen was well equipped and made it easy for preparing at home meals to enjoy on the lanai. The ground floor unit made for easy walkout pool access.
Sunny Lions Bay, BC: December 6, 2015
There are many golf courses near by including one of the most famous, Poipu Bay. The hidden (in plain view) perk at Poipu Bay is the $15 driving range/putting green/ chipping area – which you get unlimited balls and can play all day for the one price! Also they have twilight prices for golf after 2:00 at a reduced rate.
- Kiahuna Golf course is also right in Poipu and is a Robert Trent designed course with some interesting history. Ask about the spider found only on Kauai! Kiahuna Golf Website
- In addition there is a very reasonable public course with amazing views: Kukuiolono Park & Golf Course
- Nearby in Lihue (about 20 minutes) there is the Kauai Lagoons and Puakea Golf
- Then just a little further (25-30 minutes) is another great public course, Wailua Golf Course
- About an hour north at Princeville are more courses as well. Princeville is known for its golf courses, but it can be very rainy up there – so be careful about booking too far ahead without checking on the weather. It takes about an hour to get there from Poipu.
Back to Maps
Kukui’ula Shopping Center easy, flat walk in 11 minutes – lots of restaurants and shops!
Fabulous ocean view walk, less than ½ mile to many restaurants from casual to Hawaiian elegant. Shave ice, ice cream, coffee, shrimp, organic groceries, sushi, tapas, Mexican, fresh fish and more. Plus many wonderful unique shops and weekly farmers market.
Back to Maps